Happy Tuesday and Interview by The Girl with the Blue Bow

The very adventurous and vivacious Christianna from the the girl with the blue bow writes a regular series based on interviews called "Any Friend of Mine." I was honoured to be asked to do an interview with her, and I have to admit how much fun I had. To read the interview and find out a little bit more about me and her, head over here


This past weekend, I was struggling with to do lists and honestly, I swear my brain was fried from just thinking about all the things I wanted and needed to get done. I felt heavy and overwhelmed. So guess what I did? I rebelled. I didn't do one thing on my to do list. I needed to unplug my brain and it worked. 

For those of you who are obsessed with writing to do lists like myself, I highly recommend having a to do list where you write: 
plan to do nothing

So, one of the things that I failed to do on my list was to prepare my post ahead of time, so I was racking my brains this morning as to what inspirational quote to post and after reading some emails and comments, this is the one that speaks to me this week. Here is something personal I'd like to share with you. I used to not believe in dreams. I buried them. I never believed in Happily Ever After. I stupidly convinced myself at a very early age that anything not practical was just a waste of time. All of that I've come to learn is absolutely, undeniably not true. I won't tell you my age, but I will tell you this, it's taken me a long time to get here. And for every person that doesn't believe in dreams or fairy tales, there's lots of proof out there to say otherwise.

[via]

have the courage to dream.

Reese


Comments

  1. Son interesting! I love her already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read the interview. Her questions are great! And your answers, too. You have lived such an interesting life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's fine to dream a little and simply take care of not dreaming too big ;-)

    Heading over to the other blog to read the interview ... au revoir!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the interview. :) Read it!!
    And thank you for reminding me to believe in dreams again. I used to do this but years ago (and by that I mean a long time ago, my guess is we're about the same age here!) I stopped believing. About two years ago one of my past dreams I had somehow came true. I never thought of it, and then baaaam it happened. Interesting. Slowly I see those fairy tales again... So, thank you again for reminding me they do in fact exist!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe in dreams, and I live my entire life trying to realize them. Otherwise, what sense does it live? "I believe in dreams!" (looks like a political slogan!) Haha!
    Big hug!
    Selena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the lovely write up Reese! Your the best! And I love what you had to say about dreams, sometimes your forget. So thanks for reminding us, one dreamer to another!

    ReplyDelete
  7. really cool to get to know you better Reese! have a wonnderful midsummer evening : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and inspirational post! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. um, isn't christianna the coolest!? I love this message about dreams, it is so true and i'm glad you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderful interview, thank you for sharing and thank you for some new quotes to live by. xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again, this is spot on! I needed to hear this. I used to believe in dreams and happily ever afters, then as I got older I stopped. I am slowly coming around I think.

    So thank you for being proof there are happily ever afters. And I saw your interview over at the girl with the blue bow. Loved the questions! And you were such a pretty bride!

    On a side note, I do have a more solid idea of the direction I want to go in, but the hard part is getting there. I feel kind of stuck because I am not sure where to start, but the fact that I have an idea feels good at least.

    Have a wonderful day, Reese!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ciao Bellas!

    First off, thank you all for commenting on this post. It really means so much to me because it's such a personal issue. When I talk about dreams, I'm not really referring to relationships, like finding your prince charming or perfect partner. They don't exist, however, you can meet someone who just complements your spirit in every way.

    Now with all that being said, the type of dreams that I'm talking about is the one that comes from way deep inside your heart and soul. What brings you true joy. For example, I love drawing, painting, singing, creating something from practically nothing. However, the stumbling block is always the thought..."do I have the talent, or skill, etc.....?" This thought always used to stop me from doing any of these things. Now I stop asking me myself these insecure questions and I just do it. Why? How can you figure out if you've got it, if you don't just do it.
    You'll never know until you find out. Now I just do it and say - what the heck!

    And Yes, Selena, "Believe in Dreams" should be a political slogan. And it all starts with an idea Shawna, so I'm really happy for you! Last thing - remember this, only YOU are in control of your own destiny. You are the MAKER of your own dreams!

    Love Reese! And don't forget....if you want more personal words of motivation just pop me an email. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  13. you've got yourself a nice blog. thanks for stopping by. i've added you to my list!
    pressed petals

    ReplyDelete
  14. you go reese! don´t worry about that to do list. it will all get done, eventually. and if it doesn´t, it wasn´t that important anyway right?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leave a LITTLE LOVE and JOY.
You're a STAR!

Popular Posts